Monday, August 24, 2009

Lift off

So, a few friends of mine have convinced me to create a blog. I'm not quite sure how long this will last...but I thought I'd give it a go.

As you may know, I am in the middle of transition. I have completed a degree at Regent College and am about to begin a program at St. Andrews. This year has been my "year off." i have been working full time as well as reading and watching a lot of crime drama TV. I like to think of it as Purgatory - the time/place between my academic spheres of activity. It has been strange and restful, lonely and full.

As I approach my final week in Vancouver, BC, I cannot help but imagine myself as a hot air balloon, full of fire, beginning to hover, with just a few ties holding to the ground. Each time I say good-bye to a friend or a place of significance, I untie one more rope, let loose one more tether. And I lift further from the ground, leaving much strain on the few threads remaining.

And so I start this blog to say good-bye, to keep in tough, and to let myself lift off.

No comments:

Post a Comment